- general conditions to withstand disturbance and not disturbing the bees
- developing sensors to measure
- microcontroller platform to connect sensors
- sending/saving data
- case/sorroundings for the sensor-kit
- data structure
- what server?
- seeking external data ( e.g. weather information)
- web Frontend/App
What is that?
The Open Source Beehives project is a network of citizen scientists tracking bee decline. We use sensor enhanced beehives and data science to study honeybee colonies throughout the world. All of our technology and methods, from the hive and sensor kit designs to the data, are documented and made openly available for anyone to use.