Zur Navigation springen Zur Suche springen
Acoustic analysis can be used to determine the health status and mood of the bees.
frequencies to measure:
- 180-190 Hz ("normal"): healthy bee sound in quiet period (night?)
- ~220-290 Hz ( "warble"): if that sound occurs, queen's rate of egg laying has diminished.
- >3000 Hz ("hiss") : sound occurs by clapping or knocking on the hive.
- short sharp hiss: healthy queen
- sluggish rise in hiss with slow fade: abnormality
interpretation of the sounds
|yes||sluggish rise and fall, max intensy much less than normal. "at time of issue it has vanished"||swarming activity. possibly noticeable 15 days before swarming.|
|yes||short sharp hiss||age or deformity of the queen|
|yes||on hiss vanishes completly||death or removal of queen|